Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mental Cleansing

After the pain what was Spring Breakers I decided to treat myself to something good. Since it was going to be 3 days until Pacific Rim I went to the bookshelf. Kevin Hearne was waving his hands at me so I cracked open Hunted at last.

Why at last? Because there are somethings you savor. And like most things that you truly enjoy they are gone all too quickly. This is the 6th book in the series and it starts off running. Through most of the novel the main characters are either running or fighting with ancient Greek and Roman gods with a steady commentary coming from the wolfhound Oberon that always has me rolling. The action is steady and the patter entertaining and you nearly forget that Loki is out there trying to destroy the world. The next book is set up nicely and there is even an extra novella to help tide you over to next time.

But just like ice cream it is over before you want it to be and it will be another year until the next one comes out. That's the only bad thing I have to say about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment