Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Recent readings and writings

The writing went well today, if a little dark.
I'm working on a short story about a Viking Berserker and what causes that and how it would affect him. Right now it is way too much show and not enough tell but when I send the rough out to my 1st readers we'll see if they want any more of it.
My two children's books are still looking for Illustrators. I think I've locked one up for the "Evil Monkey Minions" But I'm still looking for one for "Monty the Mischief Monster." All the books say I should just send it off and try to get a publisher to take it and let them deal with the illustrating but I want to have a copy in my hands before my son is too old to enjoy them.

Lately I've been reading a lot of steampunk. Lillith Saintcrow's Bannon and Clare series was very good. If you get a chance you should read it. I've also been revisiting an old love Warmachine. They recently put out some books one by Larry Correia. His was excellent but I'm not sure how good it would be without the extensive background. If you try it let me know.

The big excitement today is being signed up for the Brian Sanderson writing class.
http://www.writeaboutdragons.com/extra/2013-summer-class/

Several of my friends and I are going to be writing during this so I can't wait to see what they come up with.
Oh...did I forget to mention I'm getting published?
FinalCoverSS2013.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment